Tuesday, April 10, 2018

REVIEW : Crystal Tears --- “Decadence Deluxe” (Pride & Joy Music , 2018)

First of all and before starting my review of this new record by Crystal Tears, allow me to say that this is my first ever 'meeting' with this band. Yes, I know that I should be ashame 'cause Crystal Tears is a band that is in the music business for many years now and "Decadence Deluxe" is, already, their fourth official release!!!! Pretty impressive I would dare to say.

The band of Crystal Tears consists of Søren Adamsen (vocals), Kostas Sotos (guitars), Máté Nagy (guitars), Alex Chamalides (bass) and Chrisafis Tantanozis (drums) and the production of "Decadence Deluxe" is handled by R. D. Liapakis (Mystic Prophecy, Devil's Train, Suicidal Angels etc.).

In this new opus, we find, also, a special list of guests musicians such as Ryan Roxie (Alice Cooper, Slash's Snakepit), Karis Charisma (Deadsquad), Julien Nutz Deyres (Gorod) and Fidel De Jesus (Xeno Devata Project).

I have to say that after the first couple of spins, I liked this album a lot. It has energy, power and plenty of attitude!! The music can be described as melodic modern metal (with big balls!!!!) and includes great arrangements, aggressive and in-your-face vocals, a really huge guitar work (for the guitar freaks is a must hear), a tight as hell rhythm section and a bunch of some killer and metal to the bone songs that will please every metal maniac. For the fans of Firewind, Judas Priest, Mystic Prophecy and Helloween this is a must have!!!

Highlights? I think that there is no filler in sight here. Each and every single track is extremely enjoyable and is recommended for headbanging! But, if I had to choose a few tracks, theset would be the anthemic "Heart Of The Lion" (just check out the amazing guitar solo), "Where Angels Die", the almost thrashy tune of "My Own Hell", "Sick Of It All" and "Blindead". The two bonus tracks are the cherry on top. Both are acoustic covers (Alice Cooper, "I'm 18" and Queen, "Tie Your Mother Down")and both are tasteful.

There's nothing more to add here except that if you like your metal loud, ballsy and aggressive then Crystal Tears' newest effort is the right disc for ya! 

Rating :8,5/10





No comments:

Post a Comment